Once completed in September 2017, more than 210 students of the Thanas Ikonomi school will have better studying conditions. “This is the second school in the Municipality of Fier where TAP is investing for improving the facilities. We are pleased to see that works are progressing according to schedule and look forward to the students starting the new academic year in a brand-new school,” said Shkëlqim Bozgo.
In appreciation of TAP implementing social and environmental projects in Fier, the Mayor of Fieri Municipality said: "Following the Administrative Reform, this is the first project implemented with the financial support of TAP. I am very happy with the progress of the school reconstruction, which is very important for our community. We hope that very soon works will begin on a second project: the construction of the water supply network in Mbrostar."
TAP’s investment in this school foresees the complete refurbishment of the indoor and outdoor facilities, including wall plastering, tile laying, replacement of doors and windows, electrical installations and internet connections, bathroom facilities, thermal insulation, etc. In addition, this school will be one of the few in Albania to be equipped with a fire protection system and emergency stairwells in line with international safety standards.
TAP social and environmental investments that have been concluded in Albania
- Reconstruction of facilities of the Andon Profka school in Seman, Fier
- Reconstruction of a two-lane bridge in Çorovoda, facilitating access to the city hospital
- Humanitarian aid to communities impacted by floods and cold weather
- Safety awareness campaign on the road, at home, and at work. Campaign to be rolled out in additional areas.
- Internship programme for young professionals.
TAP social and environmental investments currently being implemented in Albania
- Complete reconstruction of the Fiad Babani school in Bilisht
- Complete reconstruction of the Thanas Ikonomi school in Fier
- Construction of two panoramic viewing platforms on the Osumi Canyon in Çorovoda
- Safety awareness campaign on the road, at home, and at work
- Second call for internship programme
- Registration of immovable properties in Vithkuq, Korça.